The Center for Teacher Accreditation (CENTA), a leading teacher accreditation platform serving over 6 lakh teachers in India, has joined hands with global visual communications platform Canva to launch a unique design challenge for teachers in India.
Through this collaboration, CENTA aspires to provide a platform to teachers to help them create, collaborate and communicate visually, by deploying innovative tools in online classrooms.
Ever since the pandemic, most educational institutions and schools globally, and in India, have swiftly embraced online learning. Interweaving creativity into the education system has become an imperative for educational institutions to make students future-ready.
Recognizing this, through this collaboration, CENTA is focused on introducing a design-thinking approach in the new-age classroom to make education more interactive and meaningful.
CENTA’s design challenge for teachers: Basic details
The theme for the CENTA design challenge for teachers is #CreativityinClassroom, and participation is open to all full-time teachers from primary to senior high schools across India.
All the participants will be required to create and submit a design that focuses on what #CreativityinClassroom means to them, using posters, infographics, presentations, or video templates available on Canva for Education.
Before the Design Challenge, Canva and CENTA will conduct two masterclasses for their participants.
CENTA’s design challenge for teachers: Important dates
- February 11: Launch of #CreativityInClassroom Design Challenge
- February 14: Masterclass on Basics of Graphic Design
- February 21: Masterclass on Design in Education
- February 25: Deadline for Design Challenge submission
- March 8: Announcement of winners
CENTA’s design challenge for teachers: How to participate
- Log on to https://www.canva.com/competitions/india-creativity-challenge/
- Create an account on Canva.com using your email address.
- Select from multiple templates for Posters, Infographics, Presentations, Cards, and a variety of other formats.
- Create your artwork based on the theme #CreativityinClassroom.
- Submit your design link directly in the Application Form.
- Remember to include a few lines about your artwork, including what it means to you and how it relates to the theme.
CENTA’s design challenge for teachers: Evaluation process
All participating members will be evaluated based on the use of innovative tools and techniques, the impact created on the learners, and the creative inspiration behind the final design.
After thoroughly evaluating the submitted designs, winning participants will receive rank-based rewards. These include subscriptions to Canva for Education for their respective schools, Kindles, recognition certificates, an invitation to Canva for Teachers, Facebook community, Instax camera, among other exciting rewards.
Read: Design students create new face mask design for better protection that is free-access and sustainable
Read: India’s education sector undergoing a huge digital shift: What to expect in 2022